Are you tired of playing it safe with your style?
Ready to take a walk on the wild side with a piercing that’s as unique as you are? Look no further than the snake bite piercing – a bold and daring choice that’s guaranteed to make a statement. But before you take the leap, let’s explore the fascinating history and cultural significance of this edgy piercing style. Discover what makes snake bites so special, and see if this piercing is the perfect fit for your inner rebel. With a snake bite piercing, you can embrace your individuality and unleash your fierce and fearless self to the world.
An Introduction to Snake Bite Piercing
Snake bite piercing is a popular type of body modification where two piercings are made on the lower lip, one on each side. the snake bite piercing is named after the appearance of two fang bites on the lip due to the two piercing spots being placed close together.
People who want to make a bold fashion statement and show their individuality often choose to get a snake bite tongue piercing or snake bite lip piercing. The snake bite piercing process typically involves using a needle and may take several weeks to fully heal. It’s important to follow proper aftercare instructions to avoid infection and ensure the snake bite piercing heals properly.
How much does a snake bite piercing cost in the UK?
Getting a snake bite piercing is generally affordable as it consists of two piercings in one. In the UK, the average price for snake bite piercings with jewellery is typically between £60 and £90. However, the snake bite piercing price alone usually ranges from £40 to £60, and you will need to purchase jewellery separately, which can vary in price depending on the type and quality.
It is crucial to choose a reputable piercer for your snake bite piercings to ensure your safety and reduce the risk of complications. Although it may be tempting to save money by going to an inexperienced or unqualified person, compromising on quality can lead to serious problems. Therefore, always consider the risks associated with getting a piercing and choose a professional piercer.
What Should You Do Before Getting A Piercing?
If you’re considering getting a snake bite lip piercing or any other type of body piercing, it’s important to take certain precautions to ensure a safe and successful experience. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Firstly, have a detailed discussion with your piercer about the procedure, including any potential complications. This will help you feel more informed and confident about the process.
- Secondly, ensure that your piercer uses hygienic equipment, and don’t hesitate to ask them to explain their sterilization process if you have any doubts. Your safety should always be their top priority.
- Thirdly, before the day of your piercing, purchase all necessary aftercare items, such as cotton swabs and saline solution. It’s important to have these on hand so that you can properly care for your piercing as soon as possible after it’s done.
By following these steps, you can help ensure a positive piercing experience and minimize the risk of complications. Remember, taking the time to prepare and do your research is key to a successful piercing.
What Is The Procedure For Getting A Snake Bite Piercing?
The procedure typically follows the same steps as other piercings when getting a snake bite piercing. The process starts with a consultation with your piercer, during which you will discuss your desired placement and cute snake bite piercing jewellery options. It’s important to inform your piercer of any past complications you’ve had with piercings, such as infections or keloids, as this can impact whether the snake bites piercings are suitable for you.
Once you’ve chosen the appropriate jewellery and confirmed the placement of the snake bite piercings, the piercer will clean and disinfect the area to minimize the risk of infection. The actual piercing process involves inserting a sterilized hollow needle through your lip and then repeating the process on the other side. Once the snake bite piercings are complete, the jewellery will be inserted into the snake bite piercing holes.
It’s normal to experience some pain or discomfort during the piercing process, but this should be brief and manageable. Following the piercing, your piercer will provide instructions for caring for the snake bite piercings to prevent infection and promote healing. It’s important to follow these instructions carefully to minimize the risk of complications. 💋
Is a Snake Bite Piercing Painful?
Many people wonder if getting a snake bite piercing hurts, especially since it involves two piercings instead of one. However, the truth is that while the process may seem intimidating, it’s not as painful as one might expect. In fact, this piercing is generally less painful than other types of piercings but more painful than ear piercings.
That being said, pain tolerance varies from person to person, and some people may find the procedure more uncomfortable than others. Nevertheless, any discomfort or pain during this piercings process is usually brief and manageable. 💪
It’s important to note that for some people, the soreness and sensitivity that can occur during the healing process are the most uncomfortable aspects of getting a snake bite piercing. In the days following the procedure, it’s common to experience pain and numbness in the affected area.
However, it’s essential not to let the fear of temporary discomfort stop you from getting the snake bite piercing you want. Take a deep breath and push through any discomfort. Remember that pain is subjective, and what might be unbearable for some may be tolerable for others. The sensation of pain is also short-lived and will eventually subside. 🌟
Ultimately, the temporary discomfort is a small price to pay for the unique aesthetic enhancement that comes with a snake bite piercing.
How Long Does It Take For A Snake Bite Piercing To Heal Completely?
The healing time for a snake bite piercing can range from two to four months, so it’s important to be patient during this period. 🕰️ It’s recommended to wait until the piercing has fully healed before making any changes to your jewellery or appearance, as premature changes can impede the healing process and lead to complications. 🙅♀️Although you may feel eager to switch up your style, it’s best to prioritize the health and well-being of your piercing. By allowing sufficient time for the snake bite piercing to heal, you can avoid potential issues and ensure that piercing remains healthy and aesthetically pleasing. So, while it may require some patience, taking a cautious and measured approach is essential for achieving the best results. 🌟
After Care For Snake Bite Piercings
Taking care of your snake bite piercing requires some basic aftercare steps, especially during the first few weeks after getting pierced.
- To start, make sure to always wash your hands before touching the snake bite piercing to avoid any risk of infection.
- During the first two weeks, clean the snake bite piercing with a saline solution twice a day using a product you can purchase or make at home.
- After every meal, rinse your mouth with the saline solution to clean the inside of your lips and promote faster healing.
- Aside from cleaning the snake bite piercing area, you should also take simple measures to maintain the cleanliness of your mouth during the first few weeks after getting your piercing. Keep in mind that your piercing area will remain sensitive for several days or even weeks after the procedure, so it’s important to avoid further irritation to the area.
- It is recommended to consume light foods, such as yoghurt and soup, during the first two days after getting pierced. These types of foods are gentle on the snake bite piercing site and reduce the risk of injury. If solid foods are preferred, it is advisable to take small bites and ensure that the food does not come in contact with the snake bite piercing.
- In addition, it is best to steer clear of spicy foods for a few weeks, as they can cause a burning sensation in the lip that can lead to discomfort.
- It is equally important to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol during the recovery period, as they can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of infection.
- While brushing your teeth after getting a snake bite piercing may feel odd or uncomfortable at first, it is crucial to maintain proper oral hygiene to avoid developing cavities due to the snake bite piercing.
- Finally, it is important to note that any makeup, creams, or lotions should not be applied to the snake bite piercing site. These substances can potentially increase the risk of infection and impede the healing process.